Where to Enter the Contest:
Information about the process of entering is here, including how to use Dropbox and how to mail your entries on a CD/DVD:
See the bottom of this page.
Our PDF entry form is located here PDF ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE (right click on the link, download the form, fill it in, save it with your last name, and include it with your entries).
Our ONLINE entry form is located here
(after you click SUBMIT, we’ll be able to view your entry form):
online entry form 2023
Prizes in the Contest:
1st Place: $250 cash, a Pennsylvania Magazine, T-shirt and a one-year subscription
2nd Place: $150 cash, a Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
3rd Place: $75 cash, a Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
Honorable Mentions: A Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
Rules of the Contest:
1. Contest is open to amateur photographers only (those who
do not earn a majority [over half] of their income as photographers).
2. Enter your electronic files, either online (see the information on our website at pa-mag.com/2023photo) or by sending your image files (in .TIF or .JPG format) on a USB drive, CD-ROM or DVD. Please include description information for each image either on the entry form or as a listing on a separate sheet of paper or as a text file with your entries.
3. Each entrant may submit up to a total of 15 photos in any category combination. Entrants may also include additional images for editorial consideration. There is no fee to enter.
4. Entered photos must have been taken recently (from January 1, 2019, to present) by the entrant of a Pennsylvania locale/subject.
5. A copy (a scanned image or photocopy is acceptable) of a completed and signed entry form must be included with your mail-submitted disk, or indicate your acceptance of the rules of the contest on the fill-in PDF (or online entry form) that you will submit with your entries. Entrant agrees to rules of the contest upon entering images into the contest.
6. Keep a copy of your electronic files since submitted USB drives and CDs/DVDs will not be returned.
7. The publisher will exercise reasonable care with entries but cannot be held liable for loss of any entry.
8. Judging of the images will take place in May 2023. Winners will be notified in June, and a listing of the contest winners will appear on pa-mag.com in early July 2023, as well as in the July/August 2023 issue. Each entrant is limited to one award per category.
9. At the discretion of the editor, each winning photo will be published in one future issue of the magazine and on the magazine’s website (pa-mag.com) without additional compensation to the entrant. Entrant retains all other rights to the photograph, granting Pennsylvania Magazine one-time use rights for display of the winning photo in the magazine and on its website.
10. Names and hometowns of all winners will be published in one or more issues of the magazine, and announcement materials with this information will be sent to entrants and public media and will be posted on the magazine’s website.
11. Finalist images in the contest will be considered for use (pending approval by the submitting photographer) in a future issue of the magazine. Photographers who agree to use of their nonwinning entries and whose images appear in the magazine will be paid the regular fee for one-time use of an image.
12. Judges’ decisions are final. ■