Deadline for Entry:
April 15, 2014 (postmark deadline for mailed entries, deadline for asking for a Dropbox folder to initiate an entry process)
Send an email to the editor if you’d like more information / have a question about any of these categories.
Pennsylvania State Symbols (images that contain any of the official state symbols—like the hemlock, Great Dane or even the state flag)
Favorite Sights and Places (where do you like to go for the best view, whether in your hometown, local park or vista, across the state)
Pennsylvania Wildlife Dioramas (a scene that includes wildlife in a larger setting).
How to Enter the Contest:
Enter with an electronic entry form HERE.
Download a Fill-In PDF entry form HERE.
Fill it out and include it with your entry upload to Dropbox or another upload service.
Or, print it out and enclose it with your CD or DVD.
Prizes in the Contest:
Prizes awarded in each category:
1st Place: $250 cash, a Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
2nd Place: $150 cash, a Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
3rd Place: A package of delights from JJ’s Gift Baskets of Mechanicsburg, a Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
Honorable Mentions: A Pennsylvania Magazine T-shirt and a one-year subscription
Rules of the Contest:
1. Contest is open to amateur photographers only (those who do not earn a majority (over half) of their income as photographers).
2. Enter your electronic files, either online (see the information on our website at pa-mag.com/?p=3209–this page) or by sending your image files (in .TIF or .JPG format) on a CD-ROM or DVD. It would be helpful to include an index print of your entries for reference, but it isn’t required.
3. Each entrant may submit up to a total of 15 photos.
4. Entered photos must have been taken recently (from January 1, 2010, to present) by the entrant of a Pennsyl-vania locale/subject.
5. A copy (photocopy is acceptable) of a completed and signed entry form must be included with your uploaded photos or with your mail-submitted disk.
6. Keep a copy of your electronic files since disks will not be returned.
7. The publisher will exercise reasonable care with entries but cannot be held liable for loss of any entry.
8. Judging of the submitted prints will take place in May 2014. Winners will be notified in late June, and a listing of the contest winners will appear on pa-mag.com in early July 2014.
9. At the discretion of the editor, each winning photo will be published in one future issue of the magazine and on the magazine’s website (pa-mag.com) without additional compensation to the entrant. Entrant retains all other rights to the photograph, granting Pennsylvania Magazine one-time use rights for display of the winning photo in the magazine and on its website.
10. Names and hometowns of winners will be published in the July/August 2014 and/or the September/ October 2014 issue of the magazine, and announcement materials with this information will be sent to entrants and public media and on the magazine’s website.
11. Finalist images in the contest will be considered for use (pending approval by photographer) in a future issue of the magazine. Photographers who agree to use of their non-winning entries and whose images appear in the magazine will be paid the regular fee for one-time use.